Recent content by Chappie

1. Chappie

Replacing Drum Trap

Next question - I was planning to use PVC, but it occurred to me that, since this is outside, it could be susceptible to freezing. I realize that for the most part, this pipe will be empty, but there will be water in the P-Trap at least. It only gets below freezing once or twice a year here...
  2. Chappie

Replacing Drum Trap

There is only one other branch off of the main sewer line and it goes straight to what appears to be the vent. At any rate it's a 5" pipe that goes up through the walls and eventually gets piped down to a 2" pipe out of the roof. It may be that other things are connected to the vent from the...
  3. Chappie

Replacing Drum Trap

While connecting a shower drain, I knocked a fitting loose on a drum trap that the shower drain was connected to. I had a plumber tell me he would replace it for $400, but if I understand what's involved, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard. Here's a diagram of the current build...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks