Recent content by chachee

1. chachee

Please help with new basement bathroom DWV piping layout.

revised layout so I wouldn't have to remove stairs for plumbing. Hopefully I am far enough away from the footing for the column at the end of the stairs. Also fewer bends on the main 4" branch.
  2. chachee

Lets try this again. This time I am leaving the kitchen/floor/laundry drain alone and connecting the new bathroom pluming to the 4" CI from the bathroom at the front of the house. There is a lot more distance to travel (cutting through ex. slab) but I believe it makes the plumbing a bit more...
  3. chachee

Then is the water closet not properly vented either? This is why the original layout had the drain going to the back wall to vent the WC and connect the lav. Should I go back towards that layout?
  4. chachee

Revised ISO with distances. Let me know if there is anything glaring... I think I have too many fixtures on the existing 1.5" vent (washer, kitchen sink, utility sink, shower, floor drain)
  5. chachee

I will try to add detail to the layout to show lengths. Might have time tonight. The work will be permitted I am trying to find a solution to the plumbing to get the permit... Good idea about adding the cleanout.
  6. chachee

Didn't think I should put PVC/ABS beneath the foundation. Is ABS allowed beneath a footing?
  7. chachee

Any thoughts or suggestions on the revised layout above?
  8. chachee

connection I spent the afternoon digging a hole to confirm the connection point. The 2" comes out of the house and connects to the 4" concrete pipe about 2 feet from the foundation wall. You can see the 4" connects via a wye, the upstream end is a roof downspout from NW corner of the house...
  9. chachee

Revised Layout Here is a revised layout 3 inch from the water closet straight out to the drain connection outside. WC wet vented through 2" Lav connection - route vent through roof via soffit, joist bay, main floor wall cavity, attic. Utility sink connection moved above the drain line to vent...
  10. chachee

Thanks for the feedback, I will work up another layout to post Thanks for the feedback cacher_chick and dlarrivee. I will take your recommendations and revise my layout, just haven't had time to work on it yet. I will have to put the vent in a soffit to run to a first floor wall cavity where I...
  11. chachee

First attempt at layout Haven't received any feedback so here is my first attempt at a layout. Concerns/questions 1. Can an AAV be placed in a wall cavity? where do these usually go? 2. Is there sufficient venting for the shower between the 1-1/2" and 2" AAV? 3. Can the drain and vent for the...
  12. chachee

Quick background details, House was built in 1952 with unfinished basement, concrete all the way up to the first floor sills. The main floor bathroom has a 4" cast iron stack that leads out the front of the house, away from the proposed bathroom location and is approximately 20" below finished...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks