Recent content by CanOfWorms

1. CanOfWorms

Portable A/C doesn't seem to be making the advertised 12,000 BTUs

I bought this to replace my 8,000 BTU window unit because I thought it would look nicer. Haier-12-000-BTU-Heat-and-Cool-Portable-Air-Conditioner-with-Dehumidifier-HPC12XHR I doesn't cool anywhere near as good as the window unit. I got it cheap because it didn't have the accessory kit, so I...
  2. CanOfWorms

Has anyone experienced green water because of improper grounding of appliances? Or whole house?

Has anyone experienced green water because of improper grounding of appliances? Or whole house? I have a client/landlord and their tenant is complaining of green water. It looks like copper. I know copper pipes corrode green inside, but usually this coating is stable. He installed an...
  3. CanOfWorms

1992 Ao Smith water heater. Pilot won't stay lit. Replaced thermocouple with universal... Advice?

All done! What a pain! I really appreciate pro plumbers after doing this myself.
  4. CanOfWorms

Green water, brown water. Looks like copper. Tenants. Liability.

water has a green tint to it. Coming from all water sources hot and cold. We have run water for 15 minutes The tenants in the house have sent the water to the town health department for testing. It’s NJ and the tenant laws are killer. There is an electric instant water heater. I’m wondering...
  5. CanOfWorms

1992 Ao Smith water heater. Pilot won't stay lit. Replaced thermocouple with universal... Advice?

I already have the 50 Gallon Brady in the basement. Just need to stop procrastinating.
  6. CanOfWorms

Galvanized pipe for gas supply?

Get er' done. You guys are awesome!
  7. CanOfWorms

Galvanized pipe for gas supply?

I need 1 more inch of black pipe and I couldn't find the right combo of black pipe. So I settled on 2 pieces of galvanized. I read that the issue would be flaking. Can I get away with cleaning, wire brushing the inside? Raising the heater isn't an option because the vent pipe will be too high.
  8. CanOfWorms

But Terry, I'm sooo stubborn. Just kidding. I picked up a NOS brady white today.
  9. CanOfWorms

the burner is clean enough to eat off. Should I bother trying to find the stock thermocouple? Should I bother trying to replace the gas valve?
  10. CanOfWorms

Crimp in original thermocouple line. Does this serve a purpose?

I replaced the thermo couple and lit pilot. On my old AO Smith (pre-lowes) water heater. Stayed on for a day, but went out. I was looking up the model number on the pictures I took and noticed the thermocouple I replaced had a crimp in the line.
  11. CanOfWorms

Delta trim substitution. replace T2710-PBLHPwith T2730-PBLHP

Delta tech support said I need to be careful that the base of the spout is the same footprint. Also I need to use one with the same location set nut on the back. found the exact part I need at this site, but it is out of stock. I don't want to replace the fixture, just the trim. Well...
  12. CanOfWorms

Delta trim substitution. replace T2710-PBLHPwith T2730-PBLHP

Delta tech support said I need to be careful that the base of the spout is the same footprint. Also I need to use one with the same location set nut on the back. found the exact part I need at this site, but it is out of stock. I don't want to replace the fixture, just the trim. Well...
  13. CanOfWorms

WTB: need help finding a polished brass spout for t27... series delta roman tub

found the exact part I need at this site, but it is out of stock. 2710-Pblhp This is the closest I could find/ Does anyone know if it is a direct replacement for the trim?
  14. CanOfWorms

WTB: need help finding a polished brass spout for t27... series delta roman tub

I called delta and they said the trim kit for this was discontinued. Their site shows the same part, but in polished chrome as part T2710 Selling the house, the whole bath is this trim and I'd like to keep it uniform. Does anyone have this part or know a supplier that has it. The other...
  15. CanOfWorms

I want to build wooden baseboard covers. Drawbacks?Are metal designed to throw heat?

I second this but have a few comments. ++ on the nail gun. Home dopey sells a ryobi 18guage brad nailer that works very well and shoots 2" nails very well. If no nail gun try finishing screws they are thinner and will split the wood less. Also sand and glue the joints. I keep a wet towel to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks