Recent content by Cactus_King

1. Cactus_King

Putting it all back together - shower drain in concrete slab.

With the old drain removed from the concrete slab I have a 1 ' diameter hole and an 18" x 6" trench leading back to the drainpipe. It's about a foot deep, half concrete slab and half dirt below it. I have all the plumbing I need to put it back together but I have a few questions; Once the...
  2. Cactus_King

Shower drain installed flush with subfloor without flange.

Thanks for the advice. I found out Oatey makes a drain flange they claim can fit both 2" by gluing it inside the flange or 3" (with a LOT of force) by gluing it outside the flange. After cutting the top off just below the glued in threaded piece it was at least an inch lower than than flush...
  3. Cactus_King

After removing the concrete around the drain, here's what I found - a 3 1/2" OD pipe sticking up approximately 4 1/2" with the threaded insert for the drain cap glued on top. At the bottom of the 3 1/2" pipe it's glued inside what I'm guessing is a reducer because I can see water from the trap...
  4. Cactus_King

Thanks for the advice. The lack of a requirement for a liner in Florida helps explain why there wasn't one. It appears they cut (or poured) a 3 inch recession in the concrete for the shower stall but it must not have been square - the bottom plate of the wall overhung the shower cutout in some...
  5. Cactus_King

After tearing out mud bed I found out the drain is flush with the concrete floor. There's no flange, just a threaded 2 inch hole that the drain screws into. Will I be okay with doing the pre-slope, then gluing or puttying around the threaded drain before I put down my pan liner and installing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks