Recent content by bugeyedearl

1. bugeyedearl

Kenmore 420 series water softener motor not spinning

Bannerman / Mark The unit is over 10 years old and i'm convince it's time for a replacement. I was eyeing the Aquaresure unit https://www.homedepot.com/p/AQUASURE-Harmony-Series-48-000-Grain-Digital-Metered-Water-Softener-AS-HS48D/311245147 and was going to ask what you think of the brand but...
  2. bugeyedearl

Thanks for responding. Currently the whole unit taken a part and sitting on my test bench for diagnostic so there is no load or anything overwhelming the motor (control unit, motor, switch). During my testing I could really never got a reliable voltage reading out of the motor contact on the...
  3. bugeyedearl

Recently my Kenmore 420 series water softener gave an Err1 error. Searching the internet described it as either a switch or motor problem, so i took it a part and tested both the switch and the motor. by hooking the motor to a 24vdc and it spin so the motor looks good, I tested the switch using...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks