Recent content by BrokeDIYer

1. BrokeDIYer

Need help to convert single switch light to a 3-way switch light

I was thinking I probably didn't have enough available wiring to pull this off. I'm looking at the Caseta line and will probably try that setup here. Be cheaper than having an electrician come out and rewire everything and heck, with the cost of ROMEX right now it's still a cheaper solution to...
  2. BrokeDIYer

Correct. I've got the outdoor lights on one switch, and currently the one indoor light on the second switch in the same box. That all works, until I try to introduce the 3-way switches into the setup. I think my hot wires are just cycling through and shorting each other out or cycling through...
  3. BrokeDIYer

Ok gang, need some electrical help! I've called some area electricians to help troubleshoot, but so far no call backs or they're a couple weeks out from being able to even come take a look. Working on my house still that I bought last year in central Illinois. Had two rooms (ok, one tiny room...
  4. BrokeDIYer

Ugh, Forgot Trap Arm - Can this still work?

Sounds Sounds good. We’ll run it for a little bit while the plumbing is exposed just to make sure it all drains properly anyway, so if I notice anything I know where to go. Thanks all for the input!
  5. BrokeDIYer

Are you inferring to leave the whole thing the way it is or just the trap area? Should I still cut it out to get the trap arm in there? Cold start to the day and decided to start running the new water lines so haven’t made it out yet to the store to pick up the new drain pieces.
  6. BrokeDIYer

Yeah, I really fumbled up that area of the whole thing. I noticed the reverse elbow too after the fact, so the whole connection is a wash. That’s what I get for not paying attention I suppose. I appreciate the feedback and confirmation that I should redo those connections. That’s what I was...
  7. BrokeDIYer

The wife wanted the washer and dryer relocated to an adjacent room with a utility sink installed for Christmas, so I started working on that today. The new laundry room is where the back garage office/mud room was, so drain lines come out through the wall into the garage and then back into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks