Recent content by Brick

1. Brick

Water powered sump pump

Anyone know if they're allowed in Wisconsin? Anyone have any experience with them?
  2. Brick

Water powered sump pump

I am researching back up sump pumps and came across water powered units that use your city water to power the pump. Sounds like a great idea not having to worry about a battery or the cost of a generator but whats the catch? What pros and cons can you tell me about this type of pump...
  3. Brick

Sump Pumping too frequent

Thanks for the advice, the thought has crossed my mind especially since we're thinking about remodeling the basement. For now there is nothing down and I can keep an eye it, but eventually I think I'll do that.
  4. Brick

I was able to make the adjustment in about 15 minutes. I disconnected the pvc pipe at the check valve, put two bricks on bottom of crock which raised pump about 5 inches, cut off 5 inches of pipe, reconnected at check valve and walaa! The sensor which acts as on/off switch on top of pump now...
  5. Brick

Sounds like I have a weekend project! Thanks for your input.
  6. Brick

I would say approx. 8" to 10" inches.
  7. Brick

I recently purchased a ranch style home with exposed basement. We had considerable rain for one day and the sumppump was running every 10 seconds for about a week and has still kicks on every 3 minutes right now even though we haven't had any measurable rainfall in approx. two weeks. Talking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks