Recent content by bree

1. bree

Hot water suddenly shuts off with a thud!!

Thanks, Terry and Jim, for your helpful info. The valves under the sink do not look like the picture of the FloodSafe -- no big plastic endpiece. I called the mfr of the water heater (Rheem), Terry, and indeed, depending on the serial number, there is either a plastic ball or a rubber disc in...
  2. bree

Hot water suddenly shuts off with a thud!!

I had a slab leak about a year ago. A licensed plumber rerouted the line through the ceiling. At about the same time, a different, experienced plumber installed a new single-arm kitchen faucet. (We had had a new angle stop put in about 6 months prior.) When you turn the faucet handle to full...
  3. bree

Slow flush -- possible causes?

THANKS, REDWOOD! Removing the infamous blue glop solved the whole problem instantly. We ladled it from tank directly into bowl then wiped out tank before allowing fresh water in, flushed twice, and voila -- a well-functioning toilet My tenant said he was expecting blue grit at the bottom of...
  4. bree

Slow flush -- possible causes?

I have a 30 yo toilet was working well but now flushes slowly after water comes up rather high in the bowl. Cleaned mainline -- no difference. Poured 3 gal water in bowl -- goes down perfectly! Yes, there is a black ring under the rim of the bowl. I have been told problem is mineral deposits...
  5. bree

Pegasus kitchen pull-down faucet: Good? Bad? Why?

I am about to install a Pegasus pull-down sprayer kitchen faucet (Home Depot's own label) that was made in Italy. I know some Pegasus faucets are made in China. Someone here remarked that Pegasus and quality cannot be used in the same sentence. Have you had a bad experience? Has anyone had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks