Recent content by BobSmith

1. BobSmith

DWV Rough-in

HJ, Have you always been this big a prick, or did you have to get special training? I didn’t say I was doing the work myself. I am just kicking around some ideas for a floor plan and want to know if this is even an option.
  2. BobSmith

DWV Rough-in

I am finishing off some new space that was added to the second story of my house, and will be creating a master bedroom suite from this space and an existing bedroom. I plan on moving the current bathroom and adding a new bathroom for the master bedroom. The plan is to run the waste lines in the...
  3. BobSmith

QuarterMaster Sillcock

I just installed a QuarterMaster frost free sillcock and am finding that water is flowing out the anti-siphon when I turn it on. I don't have a hose or any other application attached to the bib yet, so there shouldn't be a pressure issue. I have taken the anti siphon valve apart and made sure...
  4. BobSmith

New outdoor faucet

One more question Any preference on starting point? From the tee out, or from the sillcock in? Thanks. Matt
  5. BobSmith

New outdoor faucet

Any pointers on installing a new outdoor faucet? Will be cutting into pipe supplying one side of the house, installing a tee-fitting and running to the back of house. Will install a shut off on the inside of the house as we are in a cold climate. Question is, should I install any threaded...
  6. BobSmith

Copper Tee

Any trick to inserting a tee in an existing 1/2" copper line? Matt
  7. BobSmith

Droped my jaw

I was quoted $750 to replace a drum trap on a bathtub by a flat rate plumber. Did it myself for $8 in parts ($5 of that was for a new reciprical saw blade that bound and bent). :D
  8. BobSmith

Dishwasher Airgap

Any one have any ideas why I am getting some water coming out of my airgap? Not enough to go over the rim of the sink, but if I am not mistaken, I shouldn't have any :( Matt
  9. BobSmith

Copper pipe problems

My 2 cents Flyboy, Gary is correct, this isn't that difficult. I'm an accountant by training and a software analyst by profession. I have soldered numerous fittings over the years (full bath & kitchen remodels) and if I can do it, you can. Don't give up, but most important, don't take...
  10. BobSmith

Newbie needs guidance on PVC reconfig

We also need to remember that this site exist so guys like myself (business analyst for a software company) who are not afraid to get their hands dirty, but are clueless about certain plumbing issues, can go to the experts in the field for FREE advice. Rich, remember that the expert on this...
  11. BobSmith

Dishwasher Air Gap

Jimbo, I'm in Wisconsin. Are you aware of any code issues with using a 3/4 elbow? I still have a final inspection to pass. Thanks.
  12. BobSmith

Replacing Bathroom Sink

:eek: That should have read "new faucet" not sink. Hit send to quick :eek:
  13. BobSmith

Replacing Bathroom Sink

If you buy a new sink it will come with a new drain assembly. If you are using the old faucet, you should prpbably still buy a new drain assemply (tailpiece, p-trap). Just my humble opinion. :)
  14. BobSmith

Dishwasher Air Gap

Good point. This is the third "Doh", Homer moment I've had with thisproject! :eek:
  15. BobSmith

Dishwasher Air Gap

Question for anyone: Due to the positioning of my dishwasher, garbage disposer & drain traps, the air gap on the deck of my sink is directly behind the GD, but the drain inlet for the DW is pointing to the left. As the 7/8ths hose from the gap to the GD is not very flexible I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks