Recent content by Bill Berry

1. Bill Berry

Converting 110v up to 220v

Let me also add...I am redoing my well system, parts already bought to install a cycle stop valve kit, no added pressure tank. I want to keep this simple but I do have to deal with power outages and keeping the ladies happy in my house, lol.
  2. Bill Berry

Converting 110v up to 220v

I have a 1hp 220 volt deep submersible well pump (750 watts). I have a pure sine wave 1000 watt DC-AC inverter. My question is will a 110v to 220v converter with a Soft Starter work? Conversely would an 1100 watt inverter generator do the same? In the event of a power outage would either...
  3. Bill Berry

WH40 Timer - 240v and 120v circuit wiring

Here's what I currently have: Whirlpool 20 gallon (1500 watt element) 120 volt water heater. My old tank was a 23 year old 3500 watt 240 volt water heater. Yes, I'm aware I can change out the WG1573 clock motor in favor of a WG1570. The wiring in the wall is 10-2. This is what I want to...
  4. Bill Berry

Intermatic WH40 Timer and Clock Motor 240v to 120v

I figured it out...I do NOT want to have to buy a 120 volt water heater timer or a new 120 volt clock motor. The 23 year old water heater I removed is a 240 volt tank; thus from the service panel to the timer and then to the tank was wired 240. I discovered over the past few days, there are a...
  5. Bill Berry

I have a Whirlpool 20 gallon 1500 watt water heater. I simply removed the 2nd hot from the circuit breaker in the panel to the neutral bar and did the same thing on the timer end. There's no way within code to wire a timer for 240 and go out it on 120; the only thing I can do is change the...
  6. Bill Berry

I think I have a solution....I wire the water heater timer like the old one...on 240 volts and dual pole; that way the clock motor will work on 240 volt, but the water heater will be wired on L1, Neutral, and Ground, no L3. That should work, yes?
  7. Bill Berry

I've made the change from 240 to 120 from the panel to the timer and the timer to the water heater; it's the clock motor that won't work. Do I need to change the motor for one specific for 120 or can the 208-277 motor work with 120; I'm aware the timer can be found on eBay for about $20 and...
  8. Bill Berry

I bought and installed a 20 gallon Whirlpool water heater with a 1500 watt heating element. I successfully converted the existing wiring in the panel from two poles to one pole, made the change in the WH40 timer, everything in regards to the water heater works great. Short of changing out the...
  9. Bill Berry

Pside-Kick Kit and Ordering Individual Parts

Not sure whether to post this as a new question or place it here (Pside Kick) , but I bought the Pside-Kick Kit for a new well pump and I wanted to do this right. The mounting kit for his has two clamps and a pair of lag bolts and nuts; one of the clamps is NOT threaded like the other and I...
  10. Bill Berry

Is a pside-kick right for me?

Not sure whether to post this as a new question or place it here, but I bought the Pside-Kick Kit for a new well pump and I wanted to this right. The mounting kit for his has two clamps and a pair of lag bolts and nuts; one of the clamps is NOT threaded like the other and I need to replace it...
  11. Bill Berry

Well Tank Type / Size

Thank all of you so much for the advice; it is deeply appreciated!!! I drive 260 miles a day to and from...and it's mostly rural and no city water services; I've seen one water storage tank and that's it for residential homes; I've seen a bunch of them out in farm fields where irrigation is...
  12. Bill Berry

Well Tank Type / Size

Thanks you for all the replies; okay, so if the pumps are made to run continuously so to avoid constant start/stop cycling, what is the point of having the pressure tank to begin with, why not "not" have one.? Where is the CSV installed at? Last question, is there a benefit to installing on...
  13. Bill Berry

Well Tank Type / Size

So there is no harm running the pump continuously while taking a bath or watering plants outside? The function of the CSV is to prevent the constant start and stopping of the pump and allow it to bypass the pressure tank and send water directly to wherever you need it, but what about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks