Recent content by Bigmesa

1. Bigmesa

Best way to extend metal casing above grade

No I never said for free. I don’t mind paying a trip fee to get an estimate/quote. I’m an hvac contractor so I know time is money. I’m having a hard time getting someone willing to come look at it. Apparently around here they either want to dig a new well or tell you it’s fine. I’ve had two...
  2. Bigmesa

I’m still looking to see if I can get a welder to come give me an estimate. If I could find someone reasonable I’d just have them weld it and I can take care of pulling the pump and installing the pitiless adapter and repiping/wiring everything. But if it’s going to be $1000 or more I’ll have...
  3. Bigmesa

What would you do to extend it if welding wasn't available?
  4. Bigmesa

Furnace door blew off!

Obviously we are taking about with the cover off and aired out. If you smell a strong gas leak then soap would find it faster. But a small leak of a gas valve would not be dangerous to test this way, been doing it for a living for over 20 years and never had an incident. Again common sense goes...
  5. Bigmesa

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to put dresser, meant to put pitless. As far as big city prices, that depends on which direction I look. I'm 30 minutes south of Charlotte NC.
  6. Bigmesa

Furnace door blew off!

Dana is on point. If I had to guess it would be that the gas valve is not seating all the way when the unit shuts off and causing a very dangerous situation. An wasy test would be shut the power off to the furnace and take a lighter to the orifices that feed the burners. If you light a flame...
  7. Bigmesa

Unit heater draft inducer?

Depending on the model of the motor you most likely have a small run capacitor attached to the motor that may have failed. A motor that spins freely when off but has a hard time starting without assistance is a dead giveaway for a weak or failed capacitor. Most of those motors have sealed...
  8. Bigmesa

Hello all, I've been lurking for while but finally coming out of the shadows to ask a best practices way for a homeowner who is mechanically inclined to extend a well casing above grade without welding. I'm having a hard time finding reputable recommendations to come look at my well, the few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks