Recent content by arnie

1. arnie

Adjusting air in pressure tank

I've read that the air pressure in the pressure tank should be 2 pounds less than the pump pressure. Should the air pressure in the pressure tank be checked with the tank empty of water or full? Is the pump pressure number used, the pump turn on pressure, or the pump turn off pressure?
  2. arnie

Suction Side Leak

Does air come out of the taps every time you open the tap? When i start my system up in the spring, i also have some air in the lines, but after the water starts flowing, i don't have any air on subsequent opening of taps. I do have to wait a while for water to flow out of the hot water...
  3. arnie

Which is best whole house sediment filter?

Install a sediment/rust filter for the whole house. They are inexpensive and will save you a lot of time cleaning each faucet screen and washer screens. The appliance filters are very small, and they are mostly used for small consumption applications like waterlines in fridges and icemakers...
  4. arnie

Suction Side Leak

I would try a brass hose barb instead of the plastic. I found that i had a suction leak at the plastic barb that was between the pump and suction line. Tightening the barb had no effect.
  5. arnie

Shallow water jet pump very slow building pressure

The screens on the washer are not plugged at all. The system started acting up a couple of weeks ago. The foot valve and suction hose are all new to eliminate any possibility of the old ones being the cause of the problem.
  6. arnie

The screens at the clothes washer machine are clean, thanks to a whole house filter that keeps stuff out of the lines. The foot valve screen holes are about 1/16 inch in diameter. They allow algae into the system and plug up the whole house filter in a couple of weeks. The stocking keeps a...
  7. arnie

Opinions needed on Saniflo toilets

I'm considering installing a Saniflo toilet in my cottage which will mainly be used on weekends in the summer. I'm considering the Saniplus and Sanicompact units. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used or had experience with these products or similar products.
  8. arnie

Thanks for the replies. I've changed the suction line to new polyethelene tubing and have a new brass footvalve. All connections are double clamped with stainless steel clamps. I don't have an official lake strainer, but i do have a pair of pantyhose over the footvalve screen. I've used...
  9. arnie

shallow well jet pump

More questions Is the pump primed? Is the impelller plastic or metal, and is it in good condition? Is there a foot valve at the bottom of the suction pipe?
  10. arnie

I have a shallow well jet pump drawing water from the lake. The problem is that when the clothes washer draws water, the pressure drops from 50psi to 20, the washer fills very slowly after the 1st fill, and the pump has a very difficult time getting the pressure back to 50psi. I've replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks