Recent content by ari

1. ari

Pressure testing residential system containing a pressure reducing valve

Thanks @Jeff H Young and @Terry. Water test it is.
  2. ari

Yep that makes a lot of sense. I'll use water. Same question about bypassing the pressure reducing valve, would I risk damaging it if I were to pressurize via an opening downstream from it?
  3. ari

Hi, I would like to pressure test my PEX system before use. It seems this is often done with air. I found a hose fitting with a Schrader valve and my plan was to use my bike tire pump which has a gauge on it. The system also contains a gauge, as well as a pressure reducing valve with an outlet...
  4. ari

Bidirectional pressure on ball valve

In my residential water supply system consisting of 3/4" pex, I have a section that I would like to have the option to bypass. The most inexpensive way I can think of is to use 3 two way ball valves in the configuration pictured. In this configuration, when the bypass valve is closed and the...
  5. ari

Splitting and merging supply lines

yep! that's how we've got it oriented.
  6. ari

Wow thank you Wayne! This is more than I could have hoped for. Thanks so much for explaining so well and working through an example of an intimidating-looking equation. I got a ratio of 13 for two 7.85' runs of 0.545 ID pipe which I think will be okay considering the DWHR is only a couple feet...
  7. ari

Hi, first off, I'd like to thank this forum for all the plumbing advice I've read as a guest. I haven't been able to find an answer to this particular question so I finally joined. I am making a heat exchanger for my shower trap arm. I have a 2" section of copper drain pipe that I want to coil...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks