Recent content by apriorius

1. A

Think I screwed up

Thanks again...I already have some clear GE silicone II kicking around, so I'll use it instead of making another trip to the borg. Also gonna try and dig up some rubbing alcohol tonight and give it another wipedown. I am so pleased with these counters I'll be *really* upset if eight hours was...
  2. A

Think I screwed up

Check it out...page five: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1084448_2.pdf Unbelieveable they would not mention the dangerous interaction between granite and plumbers putty, especially on a friggin $250 faucet set. I'm not sue happy in any way, but I would have marched straight...
  3. A

Think I screwed up

EDIT: Thanks Redwood...I was posting while you did, so I missed it. Already pulled them since I figured better safe than sorry. Glad I did! **** Well, I figured the best thing to do was pull the items in question. HOLY CRAP The putty had already started to take the color of the...
  4. A

Think I screwed up

I plumbed in a garbage disposal and faucet set into my new granite counters today after waiting a day for the silicone to seal. The faucet and knob had rubber washers underneath, but the sprayer and soap pump had nothing. Following the instructions, I used a bead of plumbers putty underneath...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks