Recent content by antbruins

1. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

After a year of cursing this stupid water softener, I've finally figured it out. It was the brine grid. The "cups" had detachable extensions on them and the total height of the grid was 8" off the bottom. Since I only had five gallons of water in a 18x40 tank, the WATER WASN'T TOUCHING THE...
  2. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I tasted the water in the brine tank, prior to pouring 5 gallons of hot water in, and it wasn't salty at all.
  3. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

The bridge sounds like the simplest solution, and one I will address regardless, but I've been having this problem since I first installed the thing. I thought I had a bridge then, so I poured 5 gals of hot water, got soft water on the next regen, and subsequently came right back to hard water...
  4. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

It's a little less than 3/4 full and I don't think it's changed positions for months. I don't know how many bags of salt I'm supposed to be going through, but that doesn't sound right, and it looks like we've averaging 130 gallons of water a day. I've tried that before, and immediately after...
  5. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I'm still having problem with this stupid thing. The water is still hard and the amount of salt inside the tank appears to be at the same level. I hear the system regenerating every so often, but for some reason or another, I don't think it's using the salt. I manually regenerated just now...
  6. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

There's no leak. The concrete would be wet around the tank and it isn't. The brine tank and resin tank are on the same floor/level. The numbers were just an approximation. The point I was trying to make was that the level of water after the BF phase completed was much higher than the level of...
  7. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

Yes. I skipped through to BF and the water level was approximately at 7 (with salt) when that phase completed. The BF timer ran out, the tank stopped filling (at approx 7), and the system went back to normal functions. I then immediately started the full regen cycle (with the water still being...
  8. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

When I cycled through to BF, it was the last phase before it went back to normal operation and the tank was little less than half full. I'm guessing that BF is the last phase based on this. When I forced the full regen, the water in the tank is at/or below the salt grid and I don't understand...
  9. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I cycled it to BF and the tank did fill with water to about halfway. I then forced a full regen and the water is soft again. I have a question though. Is the water level supposed to be below the brine grid after a regen or is it supposed to be at the same level after BF inbetween regens. I...
  10. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

If there was a failure with the float, wouldn't I be unable to test the brine flow rate like I did above?
  11. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I added five gallons as someone suggested earlier in this thread, prior to a manual regen. I did do the test and it was normal. I got a gallon in about four minutes. The test was done by removing the line from the tank and putting it in a gallon-sized container.
  12. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I want to say that I added four 50lb bags, but I don't remember. There's still a good amount of salt in there so, I know I'm definitely not going through the amount of salt I should be using. I'm using the Morton Salt System Saver II Pellets. I don't think there's a bridge since this has been...
  13. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I started the softener up the same time as this thread, May 2016. I haven't had to refill the salt since. I just check the brine fill flow rate and it took about 4 minutes to make a gallon. Any other ideas?
  14. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I thought everything was fine, but there still seems to be something wrong with my water softener. When I add water and initiate a manual regeneration, the water gets softened, but then it goes back to hardened water (~21 grains) after an unknown amount of time. I also haven't had to put in a...
  15. antbruins

7000sxt programming help

I did the forced manual regeneration and the water tested at 14gpg. I then scheduled the overnight regeneration and now my water is testing at 3gpg. How do I get it down to zero?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks