Recent content by annexit

1. A

American Standard Plebe Tank to Bowl Gasket

What about no gasket? Hi, all, While in the process of replacing an ancient closet bend and repairing a floor in the bathroom, I set aside the toilet (have two others) - for various reasons I could not get back to finishing the job until now a few months later. When I took out my ancient...
  2. A

Toilet flange did not insert- HELP!

Thanks, I'll give that inside pipe cutter a try. I've been a bit gloomy about it as this was to be one of the EASIER parts of the project. Annexit
  3. A

Thanks, Joe for your reply - yes I did clean and apply cement to both sides - I actually tried twice - and purchased a new flange and cement to start fresh. I don't know if the issue was my strength - I have glued a moderate amount of pvc pipe in different settings - to construct run off...
  4. A

Do natural products harm toilets?

Borax okay, vinegar too Borax was used when I was a young mum as a soak for babies diapers (remember those?) and vinegar/ baking soda (think volcano) has always been a great drain freshener and minor gunk remover. Vinegar is the recommended cleaner of choice for many hardwood floor sealers...
  5. A

FIRST, I try whatever I can to do it myself, and have placed a flange before, but am not experienced. I had (to me) a huge job in a 100 yo house I am working on with a second floor toilet leak. Long story short, floor had buckled (carpeting from previous owner concealed the water and the...