(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

MikeP860

Adding a closed loop solar hot water system to a tankless hot water/boiler system.

Rate this Entry
I am in the process of building my own closed loop, glycol, hot water sytem to preheat water BEFORE it enters my current, tankless, boiler system. I am in great shape with regards to the system. The cold, well, water enters the boiler system from a copper tee connection, just above the boiler system. The cold potable water continues on this common pipe through the house.

I want to put the 50 gallon, hot water storage tank, roughly 10 feet from the boiler, as close to where the collector pipes come in to the house as possible. Would I be correct to remove the cold water entry from where it is tee'd now, make another tee connection near the hot water storage tank, on the common cold water entry, and cap off the current tee? I am thiunking this is the right way, I just need some assurance.

Also, if I do run pre-heated warm water to the boiler system (roughly 110 degree), instead of 40 degree well water, will I realize much of a savings on my oil consumption? Will I blow the thing up?

Submit "Adding a closed loop solar hot water system to a tankless hot water/boiler system." to Digg Submit "Adding a closed loop solar hot water system to a tankless hot water/boiler system." to del.icio.us Submit "Adding a closed loop solar hot water system to a tankless hot water/boiler system." to StumbleUpon Submit "Adding a closed loop solar hot water system to a tankless hot water/boiler system." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments