(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

pzawodzinski

Help! Need to tie in the kitchen sink drain.

Rate this Entry
Terry ~ Iam a newbie at this in many ways!

I am in the midst of remodeling a cottage and a contractor started my plumbing but when things got a "little" tough baled for another job... I knew I only had them for a short time.

Anyway, I need to tie in the kitchen drain to my main sewer line under the house. The main sanitary "T" sits up a little high making it tough to get the right pitch with the floor joists in the way. My main line is about 20" off the wall and about 7' from where the kitchen sink will be. I can run straight diagonal 7' from the elbow below the floor (and below the 6" floor joist) but then only have 2 3/4" of clearance from the bottom of the joist to the top of sanitary "T". I planned to use 2" to 3" 'flat' reducer coupled with a street 90, but I think the 90 will come up too high to provide enough (if any) pitch from the start of the 7' run.

Any thoughts? (sorry, I know this may be touch to follow!)

-Paul

Submit "Help! Need to tie in the kitchen sink drain." to Digg Submit "Help! Need to tie in the kitchen sink drain." to del.icio.us Submit "Help! Need to tie in the kitchen sink drain." to StumbleUpon Submit "Help! Need to tie in the kitchen sink drain." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments