(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

jeff4982

water well pulling up large amounts of sand (PLEASE HELP!)

Rate this Entry
ok guys i am new here and am badly in need of some advice.

I have been pulling sand from my well finding it coming out of the faucets as well as the back of the toilet tanks (large quantites). I had a well guy come out and he said that he could blow air down the well to open it up for 800 bucks no garentees that it will solve the problem or drill a new well deeper for 3500.

My issue is that my 4" well is 53 feet deep, all my neighbors are also 53 deep and they dont have any issues. I was told that due to the fact it is large amounts of sand/dirt coming thru that its not a screen issue. So what do i do to save money and save my appliances.

1) Blow it out and hope for the best?
2) drill a new well
3) try to find someone to service the well now or try to do it myself? ( i am having a difficult time finding anyone that will service or even look at this dang thing, i get the same answer from everyone NEW WELL with no explanation)

Submit "water well pulling up large amounts of sand (PLEASE HELP!)" to Digg Submit "water well pulling up large amounts of sand (PLEASE HELP!)" to del.icio.us Submit "water well pulling up large amounts of sand (PLEASE HELP!)" to StumbleUpon Submit "water well pulling up large amounts of sand (PLEASE HELP!)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had the same problem with mine. The pump was too close to the bottom of the hole. I realized this when lightning took out my pump. the well guy installed a new pump, and cut off a little of the plastic pipe removing the damaged pump. no problems since.