(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

cjw

Help finding the right water softener

Rate this Entry
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW WATER SOFTENER AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP. I HAD MY WATER TESTED AND THIS IS THE RESULTS: 16 HARD GPG, 1.5 IRON, 7.5 PH, 250 TDS, AND 1.1 TANNINS. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT 250 TDS IS. AND WAS TOLD THE TANNINS ARE NOT GOOD TO HAVE.
THERE IS 3 PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE AND WE ALL TAKE SHOWERS EVERYDAY, WE HAVE WELL WATER. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT GRAIN SIZE I WOULD NEED. I ALSO HAVE TO HAVE A CABINET TYPE FOR ROOM. I AM THINKING OF THE FLECK 5600SXT DIGITAL.
I ALSO AM THINKING OF GETTING THE OPTIONAL TUBULATOR AND USE THE FINE MESH RESIN AND I AM THINKING I MAY NEED A 40,000 GRAIN UNIT, WE NOW HAVE A SEARS KENMORE 32,000 AND IT HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD ONE FOR US, IT COULD BE THE RESIN IS BAD BY NOW BUT IT HAS ALWAYS REGENERATED EVERY NIGHT SINCE IT WAS NEW, WE GO THROUGH LOTS OF SALT. I ALSO HAVE IT SET ON THE HIGHEST SETTING AND THE WATER IS NOT SO SOFT, NOT LIKE THE FLECK ECONIMIZER WE HAD IN AN OLDER HOUSE BEFORE. LOVED THAT SOFTENER. ONLY REGENERATED ONCE A WEEK AND THE WATER WAS REALLY SOFT LIKE I LIKE IT. I KNOW THAT THE WATER AT THE OTHER HOUSE WAS MUCH BETTER THAN WE HAVE NOW BUT COME ON, WE HAVE 1.5 IRON HERE IN THE NEW, IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD. IT IS A SHALLOW WELL BUT NOT THAT BAD OF WATER, IT HAS NO SMELLS.

Submit "Help finding the right water softener" to Digg Submit "Help finding the right water softener" to del.icio.us Submit "Help finding the right water softener" to StumbleUpon Submit "Help finding the right water softener" to Google

Updated 04-21-2011 at 06:02 AM by cjw

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments