(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

mccordski

Transitioning from PVC outside to PEX inside the house

Rate this Entry
My water supply line from the meter is 3/4" PVC, and I would like to plumb the house with PEX. The best idea I have is to transition to CPVC for the run through the wall, so I can use sharkbite fittings for the transition to PEX, and to add a sharkbite ball valve for a shut-off. The added consequence is another transition from PVC to CPVC, which I think I will use brass threaded adapters. It's not really clean or pretty, and uses a lot of different materials, I think it will work, any suggestions?

Submit "Transitioning from PVC outside to PEX inside the house" to Digg Submit "Transitioning from PVC outside to PEX inside the house" to del.icio.us Submit "Transitioning from PVC outside to PEX inside the house" to StumbleUpon Submit "Transitioning from PVC outside to PEX inside the house" to Google

Tags: pex, pvc
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm assuming you are on a conventional foundation? The best way to change type of pipe is with male and female adapters. Why would you want to go from pvc to cpvc then to brass nipples then to pex. Too many transitions with too many opprotunities to have a leak later. Pvc male to a pex female is all you need or vise versa. And put your ball valve where ever is easiest to access.