(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

dave9341

silt in a deep well that is used every day

Rate this Entry
My well is 33 years old. The first 17 years of use was about once a month for the weekend and we ran the water for aproximately 4 hours to get "clean" water. We have been permanent residents for the past 16 years and now have two five micron filters on the system that I change every week as fine particles still get through the filters and of course my water pressure drops as the filters get dirtier and dirtier. I have been thinking about raisins the pump approximately 10 to 15 feet thinking this would alleviate my problem. I get different opinions on the results depending on who I ask about raising the pump. Is my only recourse to raise the pump and just see what happends? I also have two neighbors that have deep wells that are only about 100 feet from mine and neither has a silt problem and has no filters at all on their systems. I think my well is 240 feet deep and would not only check on its depth but would also check on the depth of the water above the pump before raising. Would apprediate any suggestions.

Thanks dave

Submit "silt in a deep well that is used every day" to Digg Submit "silt in a deep well that is used every day" to del.icio.us Submit "silt in a deep well that is used every day" to StumbleUpon Submit "silt in a deep well that is used every day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments