(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

All Blog Entries

1. Iron Filter / Water Softener - how to choose

Using a softener for iron removal will work but is not a good idea. In your case you will double your salt usage. A softener will not get rid of the H2s. Some common methods are chlorinization, contact tank, backwashing GAC then softening. Pyrolox/Filox based systems are also a good choice but may still require some addtional oxidation if you have a low orp. Aeration, air injection, and many other traetment methods are available. Describe your waer supply. Pump, storage tank... this will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Bradford White Electric water heater nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by marma-rogers View Post
    We are dealing with a host of issues since purchasing our brand new manufactured home from Legacy a little less than a year ago. The latest, the water heater. We have been handed off a number of times from Legacy to the Home Store to Bradford White to Locke. No help whatsoever from any of them. We noticed water leaking outside around the concrete pad. Underneath there is a pipe hanging down leaking water. We called a plumber. Examination of the tank revealed a rusted out surface of the entire top
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. barry zucker plumbing

What is code for a t&p pipe on water heater. The existing copper pipe enters into a steel water heater pan. The 1" pvc pipe end 6" above cement floor. Due to the water heater location, it is impossible to plumb to outside. The house was built in the late 1980's. Is there a grandfather clause for this situation?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Gerber Maxwell toilet 21-402 clogs weekly

I purchased a newly constructed home in 2007. Each of the three bathrooms (2 up, one down) have Gerber Maxwell toilets. The downstairs toilet is a model 21-402 with 28-490 tank. The MaP rating is 300 grams. All three toilets have clogged weekly or biweekly since we (two adults, one pre-teen) took occupancy. I swapped-out the downstairs toilet with an American Standard that worked even worse. I subsequently re-installed the Gerber. We have ceased flushing paper but problems continue. In that all ...

Updated 11-03-2012 at 08:04 PM by Terry

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12