(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Blog Comments

If you can isolate where the noise is coming from, you will have to bleed that line somehow...if the noise is heard during the night when knowone is using any water then it may be wise to check the toilets first? if a flapper is not sealing, letting water in the tank run out, making the ballcock operate calling for water..this may explain that portion of the problem...but the moen shower faucet was difficult to turn off heh?...A piece of the washer could be hung up in the valve?..ok, i'm dodne...good luck...
    ok...I must be getting old...
    You worked on your outside faucet first, then the problem began !!!
    Sorry...
    Sounds like maybe a chunk of rubber came free from the sillcock stem???
    Geeze...good luck
    The reason I think the rubber came from the moen cartridge is because you were able to turn the cartridge with the 'black' pc that came with the new cartridge but didn't actually remove and replace the cartridge, right? by turning the 'old' cartridge, you may have cut a small chunk off of it..this would also explain why the shower now 'leaks' drips?...hope this helps...
    I didn't know the story continued..sorry...
    Very interesting.
    Try to isolate which faucet is being used when the noise is noticed? Since you turned the water off and worked on the outside faucet, it's possible that a small piece of rubber from the moen cartridge became dislodged when you opened the faucets with the water off, and then found someplace to go when the water was turned back on. If it's on the cold line to a faucet, turn the shut off to that faucet off and take the supply tube lose from the valve and check there...or see if all the shut off valves are turning all the way off when you close them...if not I'd turn water off at (meter) and check 'that' shut off valve that wouldn't shut off...it's a starting point...
    You can purchase a moen removal tool for under $20...they work fine