Duravit crisis of comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

glenda

I am an environmental sculptor
Reaction score
Website
www.meadowsweet-dairy.com
I must install a wall hung toilet in my guest bath. Duravit seems like a good choice but I'm concerned because the seat doesn't seem very comfortable. Of course, it's hard to perch in a showroom and tell how the toilet will feel in your own home but I'm nervous about spending this kind of money for an uncomfortable throne. Does anyone have experience with the Duravit regarding comfort or performance? I was told the seat shape was typical of European styling. Any suggestions for other wall hung toilets you like better?
Thanks!
Glenda

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
seat and feel

i have a Duravit wall mounted toilet.

I spent many hours wondering about shapes and comfort when I was planning my purchases. A couple years later, i know now what to focus attention on.

what i have found about all seats is that it doesn't matter at all. Nothing is aggravating or irritating when it comes time to sit and do "one's business". Just like anything else that a body can get used to very easily, the places where your thighs are supported is not a problem for the subconscious brain once you have gotten used to the NEW ness of any seat.

a French proverb says a body can get used to anything except a pebble in the shoe. Feet, hands, fingers and toes are extremely sensitive and usually don't send alarm (or pain) signals to the brain, and so you usually don't notice how sensitive they are. But if you ever have a swollen toe or finger, you soon discover just how much pain they cause.

The backs of your thighs is where your weight is supported on a toilet seat. Nothing required to get used to a new shape except a bit of time. Exposure. Experience. The newness goes away. The backs of your thighs are not delicate sensitive parts of your body, and furthermore they are resting on a smooth surface. Not like a pebble in your shoe.

Glenda, you now have the answer to your question. Show this to an experienced plumbing fixtures saleperson, for comment. Let us know if they concur. There are many models and each has a different shape of seat. Nobody ever complains about a model or a company. Search high and low, won't find any trace or thread about a seat that became a problem.

As i said, i once wondered a lot about shapes and comfort. Today i know what to focus on, and why. A few of the participants signed in here can vouch for the fact that i analyze like crazy for along time, and then come up with a conclusion with broad scope. I did this on another discussion forum last year, one geared toward tiles and tiling.

Glenda, i hope i have made my point, respectfully and with some humour. I concur that your question is valid. I am giving you the answer you asked for. I am answering the question. I am saying that it won't matter, and I am explaining why. The newness is the trigger for your concern today, and this will fade away.

David :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks