why does my TOTO chatter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Djlemmon

Reaction score
First thing in the morning my wife flushes the TOTO and we get a loud chatter. Clearly I need to replace something, but what causes that and what do I have to do to fix it?:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
THere is a replacement cap, costs about $2.50. You might also have some crud in either your shutoff valve or under the cap. If you take the cap off check it. You might just be able to clean it, and put it back. The valve is made by Korky. You can find the instructions on their website. It's a quick fix. If it is from the shut off valve, it might be a little more complex, but often not.

https://terrylove.com/korky/

Last edited by a moderator:

Joerg

Reaction score
And if it is the shut-off valve and it's an older house do yourself one favor: Get both coarse and fine thread valves from the hardware store. The compression ring may not come off and before removing the old one you won't know. Usually you can return the unused one later.

Keeps the missus happy by not having to turn off the water for a 2nd trip to the store.

Regards, Joerg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks