Code question for tub DWV, and another ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
Two questions:

1. I'm plumbing a tub drain - are standard 1 1/2" elbows OK, or are long sweep elbows required in the DWV?

2. Is there an online plumbing supply where I can order 1/2" screwdriver stops, for the hot and cold supply lines? HD and Lowe's in my area don't carry these as standard items, and I have a hard time getting to a proper plumbing supply house.

Thanks.

OfficeLinebacker

Reaction score
chassis said:
2. Is there an online plumbing supply where I can order 1/2" screwdriver stops, for the hot and cold supply lines? HD and Lowe's in my area don't carry these as standard items, and I have a hard time getting to a proper plumbing supply house.

Thanks.

It appears that you can get this if you use their special order system. Most manufacturers offer the screw stops preinstalled on the valve for like ~$10-20 extra. However, woe unto him who must navigate one of the big box stores' special order process, especially for something as insignificant as a valve!

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
chassis said:
Two questions:

1. I'm plumbing a tub drain - are standard 1 1/2" elbows OK, or are long sweep elbows required in the DWV?

I can not confirm what the codes are. However, I prefer to use long sweeps or two 45's where logical or practical on drains simply to make it easier to run a snake thru the line if the need ever arises. It may sound stupid to some but years later down the road you may be very very glad you made it easy to clean out a pipe. I could use a good refresher course and update on the codes myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks