Basement bathroom install questions

Users who are viewing this thread

gerryuml

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

First let me say that this site is really great! I have already learned so much - actually, I have gained enough confidence to do a basement bathroom install myself due to this site and forum.

OK, here is the situation and the questions. The main DWV line exits through the concrete basement wall about 31" off the floor. Foundation is poured concrete and basement is in overall great shape. The bathroom in the basement is part of a "finishing half the basement" for added living space project. I was going to do the floors with 1" PT strapping and then 3/4" plywood and then carpet, walls studded, insulated, poly and then sheet rocked - ceiling is already finished so will touch up as necessary. Questions:

1, how do I put in a sewage ejector to push the waste up to the main 4" PVC - do I have to have that cut into the basement floor.

2, A recommendation on a good model that won't break the bank?

3, Should I just do straight tile to the basement floor in the bathroom or use the same approach as above and just add in backerboard and tile over the 3/4" as opposed to carpet?

I have seen a lot about grinders in other posts but nothing about smaller ejectors for basement toilets

Thanks for any help / advice you can offer!

Gerry..

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A macerating toilet can be installed on the floor without digging. An ejector pump requires a pit roughly the size of a 40 gallon trash can dug into the floor. Search for both on the internet. (Ejector pump brands: Zoeller, Wayne, Flotec.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks