no water

Users who are viewing this thread

dsc

Reaction score
We have a moved into a house about 20 years old with a kohler whirlpool tub. The faucets are recently stopped running water. I had my plumber out but he could not fix it. Any suggestions who to call or how to fix it?

dsc

Reaction score
We left out one small detail. There is a water diverter between the water handles and the faucet. The hot and cold water go through the On/off handles and then mix. From there they go to the diverter and out the faucet.

We showed a sketch of the pipe flow to a guy at Home Depot and he seemed to know exactly what it was but they didn't carry the part. Since replacing it involved cutting and sweating copper pipes we decided to call a plumber.

The first plumber looked at it and said he didn't know what to do. Then we called an installer. He called but said he didn't know anyone that could fix it.

Do we need the diverter? Couldn't someone just come out and remove it replacing it with a straight piece of pipe? If not where can we find someone that can replace this thing?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to sweat anything. Or are you talking about what we used to call a twin ell?

Is your tub faucet a two or three handle faucet or do you lift a knob on the top of the spout to divert water to the shower?

dsc

Reaction score
the hot and cold mix and then go into the box with the drain plug on it. From there it comes out the faucet.
[ bathtub1.jpg

bathtub2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks