Sink Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
6 hours start to finish. Unbelievable and thank goodness I did this on time and materials. Older sink was siliconed down and absolutely nothing would release the sink from the top.

Well, diamond blade on an angle grinder fixed that problem real quick otherwise I would of damaged that formica top for sure. You could see where prying using wood shims, screwdriver, damn near everything and nothing would work. A small piece of laminate pulled up in the back but thankfully under the ledge of the sink. It could of been disasterous if I wouldn't of used the angle grinder. Made a mess as well.

Cass......Wiseway along with some other plumber from the area is saying that Air Gaps are required in Clermont county now. I was going to insist on installing one no matter what for saftety reasons.

I hope I don't do another one of these for years. Made $500 for my troubles and they supplied all materials except the Air Gap.

That existing faucet you see in that sink is a $600 Grohe faucet that is froze in that position to work in the right bowl only.

11106003.jpg

11106004.jpg

11106005.jpg

11106006.jpg

Last edited:

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice job. You really like that angle grinder with the diamond cutoff wheels, don't you? I might have to break down and get me one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks