ripping a bath out, getting a shower cubicle installed , how much ??

Users who are viewing this thread

boggles123456

Reaction score
how much would it cost

to get a bath ripped out

have a shower installed where the bath used to be

what have i missed out ?? tiling carpeting etc etc ,

on average, does this sound like an easy job

also, when i rang the shower company, they said do you want the tray ? i didnt have a clue what they meant, it just has to be a shower cubicle,

also, whats the difference between an electric shower and the other option ?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like you are not in the US, so most of us here are quite unfamiliar with your unique plumbing systems (UK?) or the cost of trade labor over there.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Where I am the cost could be anywhere between $3,000.00-$10,000.00 US depending on what was picked for fixtures and the other work involved.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Pick a number...

After a little Googling ("cost of bathroom remodel"), I see the average cost of a bathroom remodel in the US is $9720. There's an estimator here:

http://www.improvenet.com/projecttools/estimators/bathroom/

that lets you enter several parameters and get an estimate.

We're in the final throes of combining an old 5x9 bath and a 6x9 closet to make a 15x9 bath, with large double vanity, double tiled shower, double fancy mirrored medicine cabinets, and toilet. All new plumbing, electrical, and fixtures, modular cabinets, granite tops, tile floor, new vinyl hurricane-code-compliant window, wallpapered walls, ADA compliant for the most part. Not extravagant, but pretty nice. According to the estimator above, we can expect to spend $15,411 to $18,493. We've done all the work ourselves, with the exception of the drywall finishing. I expect the total cost will be $6,000 - $7,000.

A recent Fine Homebuilding magazine featured a smallish bathroom remodel in California that came in over $50,000.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks