Potterton Suprima 40 not fire up

Users who are viewing this thread

wongcna

Reaction score
Hi All,

We have a potternton suprima 40 boiler in our house. I belive the boiler is around 8 years old and we bought the house in Feburary.

Our boiler has stopped fire up and no light can be seen throught the tinny window. We have no hotwater for 2 weeks. Pressed the reset button, the boiler has tried to fire up but it gave up after 3 attempts. then the red light has gone back to flashing.

I don't know how to fix it. It would be appreciated if someone can give me a thought.

Many thanks in advance!

Wongcna :)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can try turning off the power for 20 Min. then turn it back on. It may reset and you can try refireing it. If that does not work you may have to call for service.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
THe igniter could be shot, or the gas valve, or the sensor that tells it that the burner is lit...hard to tell without being there.

If you don't have the owner's manual, try to find it on the manufacturer's website. IT will tell you where to look. If you aren't handy, it is best to call someone.

wongcna

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

Thanks all your reply....

I will give it a try....

Cheers

@__@!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks