Boiler Change-out?

Users who are viewing this thread

oldebuffalo

Reaction score
:confused: Am preparing to upgrade the heating system in my old house. We're currently keeping comfortable with a hot water heating system run by a Crane Basmore Boiler connected to the old style iron radiators by a mon-flow iron pipe network. My questions are these: Can we replace the existing boiler with one of the new high efficiency models without having to replace the piping and radiators themselves? Is such a marriage worthwhile...or should I just bite the bullet (mortgage my house:eek: ) and replace everything? If I just replace the boiler, what problems might I circumvent before the boiler is in? Should I be concerned about corrosion in the old pipes? Are mon-flo valves still available? Anything you can help with will be much appreciated!!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks