Diverter Valve failure - need indentity

Users who are viewing this thread

NAL

Reaction score
Hello All!

After a sticky turn or two over the last several weeks, I notice now that there's a good deal of water coming out of the faucet when the center handle is set to "Shower". I think this is a pretty old fixture, and can't find any identifying marks on it - am hoping someone can tell me who made it, and whether or not the diverter replacement is a "homerowner fix".

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Attachments

• A_3handle32.jpg
    A_3handle32.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 7,599

Authuritus

Reaction score
might be a price pfister if stem has "P P" engrave in it. remove handles and collars to see.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

PP did not have lever handles at that time. The handles are similar to the ones several companies, such as Central Brass, used so a picture of the internal stem, preferably either the hot or cold but not the diverter, might help.

NAL

Reaction score
Hi - thanks for the followup - I was able to free the diverter lever (assume there was some build-up of "stone" - and it seems to be working OK - thanks to all who responded - the info will be archived in my working files in case of future trouble - Cheers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks