Shredded cabage in the basement bathroom...

Users who are viewing this thread

serge

Reaction score
Hey there: We have a basement bathroom below the kitchen. The other night the kitchen garbage disposal backed up briefly then cleared. Then, when I went downstairs, I saw that the bathroom looked like someone had vomited cabage all over!!!:eek:

Clearly what had happened is that the sewer pipe connected with the kitchen and bathroom had briefly clogged, spewing food bits all over the bathroom, and then had cleared. (I was getting rid of a lot of left over food in the disposal so I think thats why.) It didn't backup into the toilet though.

My question: is there a 1 way valve or something that I could attach to the sink drain/elbow to keep this from happening again?

Thanks,

Serge.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
No. Simply clean that whole drain real good all the way to the house main sewer. Should normally last a long time..........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks