Plumbers in Northern Virginia NoVA - Fairfax

Users who are viewing this thread

WorkingDad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know the hourly rates for plumbers in Northern Virgina, Fairfax County area?

I have a small hole in my cold water pipe directly off the lead into the house. The shut-off is not a problem - easily accessible. I just can't affor any do-it-yourself mistakes due to my time contraints. The pipe is accessible in the ceiling of my basement.

Oddly enough the hole is in the coppepr pipe, not the nearby fitting. (3/4" coppper in 1959 rambler)

Thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I think for a repair like that you would be better served calling around and getting a ballpark total price for that job . Most plumbers should be able to give you that. There are factors that no one knows that may affect the price.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
rates

Ideally every plumber's rates should be computed according to his own costs and overhead, which means there should be no "standard rate" for the area.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Living in an area where "aggressive water" eats small holes in copper pipes, I'd be afraid... very afraid... that a simple repair (guessing $150-200) could lead to a major re-plumbing job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks