No hot water in New Orleans

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm asking this question for a friend of mine, he has a home in New Orleans, and he is not getting any water from his hot water lines, the cold is fine. Is it possible that the levee flooding caused his electric hot water heater, which is located above the living space to clog up? If so, what can he do to remedy this problem? Any and alll suggestions are appreciated.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't think we have enough info to answer and we can't see anything from here. It could be as simple as a turned off valve.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The breakers would be the first place to check. You need to know if the heater is getting power. If it is, then it could be the elements in the heater. If the tank drained while the power was still on, the elements would have burned out. In either case, the problem is fixable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks