Stray Cats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Is there anything to put in the yard (without killing them, of course) to keep them away?
They are really starting to stink up the place, if ya know what i mean......

Prashster

Reaction score
I saw a nifty sprinkler at Lee Valley that has a motion sensor on it. When anything gets near it: SPLASH! It was intended for geese, but I bet this 'sprinkler scarecrow' will work on your cats.

Gouranga

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Put out a flyer in mailboxes near your home. letting anyone with outdoor cats know that if their animal goes missing they can be picked up at the pound and they can pay a small fee to get them. Then call animal control. They will put out a trap, catch offending felines and cart them away.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I've never heard of cats eating lightning bugs, let alone glowing like the Chesire Cat. Very cool thing for Halloween.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Our cat was one of several tossed out of a pickup truck one night on our road (according to a neighhbor), and is probably 77% feral. She's the only survivor of the litter, afaik, and in spite of 2 years' among humans, she's still pretty spooky. Likes me (who really is a dog person), won't give my wife (who rescued her, nursed her back to health, got her shots, etc.) the time of day. Go figure.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
prashster said:
I saw a nifty sprinkler at Lee Valley that has a motion sensor on it. When anything gets near it: SPLASH! It was intended for geese, but I bet this 'sprinkler scarecrow' will work on your cats.
This is what I want!!!!!
How can I find this?

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cookie said:
My answer to the raccon problem! Wow, that would work.

damn skippy...and it would ALSO work on anyone *walking there dog* on your property. sweet. heh heh.
:D

Last edited:

Gouranga

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I bet it would work on teenagers cutting through your yard too. I could move it every day or 2 so they could not find it in the dark. I will have to by them in bulk though. I Imagine a few would get smashed. Could be fun though.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
DSC01678.jpg
This cat should keep all the other cats and coyotes away.

DSC01678.jpg

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cookie said:
Small grandchildren of Meatball Mike, LOL. (neighbor who hates cats)

Just curious why you call him "Meatball Mike". I know it's not because he makes a mean marinara sauce. LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks