PDA

View Full Version : P-trap Approved In Nyc

Ivona
07-14-2006, 08:29 AM
For last several days I have been looking for [B]NICE LOOKING P-TRAP FOR HIGH-END CONDOMINIUMS [B]that are legal in New York City. I received some contradicted opinions and finally I got NYC Code compliant P-Trap that looks very simple (nothing really special). If anybody is familiar with this issue and tell me if bottle trap is approved and 1-1/4" tread and outer can be used in NYC or even tell me which P-Trap can be easily exposed because of the look, I will really appreciate.

Ivona
07-14-2006, 08:30 AM
For last several days I have been looking for [B]NICE LOOKING P-TRAP FOR HIGH-END CONDOMINIUMS [B]that are legal in New York City. I received some contradicted opinions and finally I got NYC Code compliant P-Trap that looks very simple (nothing really special). If anybody is familiar with this issue and tell me if bottle trap is approved and 1-1/4" tread and outer can be used in NYC or even tell me which P-Trap can be easily exposed because of the look, I will really appreciate.

hj
07-14-2006, 08:24 PM
By codes and definition, bottle traps are illegal. But if it is not inspected, and if you think a big box store would not sell anything that is not allowed, use it.

speedball1
07-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi Ivona,

I was asked about New York "P" traps at another site. Since I'm a Florida plumber I looked up the code. "P" traps, by NYC code require a clean out,(see image) But as hj advised if nobody's gonna know and a bottle trap will do the trick, have at it. Good luck, Tom