PDA

View Full Version : Posting Images

speedball1
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi Terry,

I'm new to you but not to Q & A sites. I got shot down when i attempted to post a No-Hub Band image (193 KB). I use images a lot in my answers to illustrate and flesh them out. However your limit of 39.1 KB is too small for me to work with.
I had the same problem over at AskMe********.com. when I took over the plumbing page. I contacted the owner and laid out my concerns. Since my data base of scanned images runs no higher then 300 KB he kindly increased the limit to 293 KB with a 750 pixel limit.
Can you do the same for me? Thank you, Tom aka speedball1

prashster
07-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Speedball,
Most standard graphics programs can resize the pic pretty easily without sacrificing quality for the web. In fact, some graphic progs have a "resize image for web" option.

speedball1
07-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Speedball,
Most standard graphics programs can resize the pic pretty easily without sacrificing quality for the web. In fact, some graphic progs have a "resize image for web" option.

Thanks Pash, I'm a computer dummy. Most of my scans have been converted from PDF tp JPEG. Where do I go on this site to resize a image? If I had a problem with 300 KB I'm gonna have a great time shrinking them down to 39.1 KB. I use http://convert.neevia.com/ to knock my images down to where I can use them at 293KB or under but most are larger then 39.1 KB even after I run them through neevia.

Thanks for your reply. Tom

Terry
07-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I've bumped to picture size for jpg's to 100000 bits.

You can also email me pictures that I can post on the web, and you can do a copy paste on them.
That way I can resize they they load quicker.

loveplumbing@comcast.net

the picture below is 60499 bytes

speedball1
07-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response. Is there anything I can do or a app. I can downlosd to reduce the number of bytes on a image? Thanks for the increase. I have images that are under 100KB but not all that many. Are you a operating shop or just a site shop. If you have a operating shop how do you find the time to monitor this site? Is this a hobby for you as it is for me? Regards, Tom

jadnashua
07-09-2006, 03:00 PM
ifanview works...do a google search

Terry
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm a working shop.

I sell a lot in the Seattle area, and do some Internet sales too.

I don't ship toilets, but I do ship shower heads and bidet seats.

I'm like some of the others, I enjoy reading what everyone else is writing.