Shower head leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Duane44

Reaction score
Water was dripping from our showerhead. We removed the showerhead and water is still dripping from the pipe. We spent the whole day on the internet also checked home repair books. We figured we need to replace the washers in the stem assembly or buy a new assembly. Our problem is the previous owner of our house has somehow glued the chrome tube (escutcheon) to the chrome plate on the wall. We tried to unscrew the small screw on the escutcheon, but it's head is smashed. We tried to unscrew the escutcheon with a wrench and lots of elbow grease, and couldn't. Help!!! We'd really appreciate some advice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture would help...you ight be able to use a utility knife and cut the caulk. If they used silicon, it can be really tough to cut through.

jaynote1

Plumber
Reaction score
hehehehee......

a large(48") pipe wrench can remedy the situation in a couple of seconds, just make sure the water is off at the meter first!....(just kidding, heheheee)....i swear i saw someone else with this problem somewhere else in the forum....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks