Hastings toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

akrogirl

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed reading the frank discussions on this forum, but now have a question myself :)

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the Hastings toilets, especially the Verso model? The Verso would be a great match for our Domino sinks, and save room in our rather narrow guest bathroom, but I also want something that is quiet and effective at flushing. Any input would be much appreciated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
400.jpg

Looks like these are a custom made item. I assume you are prepared to spend far north of $1000 for one of these.

I am sure the quality is excellent. Most of us plumbers, being rather pragmatic, would say " what kind of parts are in it? Where could you get parts if you need it?"

Since it is a boutique item, it apparently was not included in the Map tests, so we have no way to estimate performance. Ask the designer who is recommending this to get some specs from the manufacturer. There does not seem to be a lot of info available on their website.

Being a concealed-tank type, installation will be costly, and maintenance will be as well due to access issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

akrogirl

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt response :)

We are trying to keep the front to back distance down to 24" or less and I am having a really hard time finding anything other than concealed tank models that fit the bill - I figure installation still has to be cheaper and easier than trying to expand the bathroom. As I mentioned, we do have the Hastings Domino sinks which are the same square shape, so we need something with a contemporary feel. I checked out the Toto's and they all seem to be too deep for our space, so any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

BTW, no designers involved; just me searching the Internet for fixtures that will work in our limited space (which is how we ended up with the sinks, lol).

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry: Thanks for adding the pic to my post. I found that site, but my computer skills are somewhat lacking in this area!

Do you agree with my guestimate on the price, and the install difficulties?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm thinking it's going to be rather exotic too, with no guarantee that it works well. Some more information on it would be nice.

It does look pretty nice though.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well..here is the brand new square Kohler Escale toilet which happens to be dual flush BTW:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=10497802&section=2&category=13&subcategory=

If that isn't what you want then..
I would seriously consider looking into Hansgrohe (axor/starck line)
or Duravit

Both feature a very similar minimalist look you are doing--with one advantage-they have products/parts easily available unlike Hastings.

It's all very pricey.

Domino sink-nice choice...

Last edited:

akrogirl

Reaction score
Thanks again, everyone :) This site is great for real life input!

Mike - that Kohler is gorgeous, but just a little too long. Unfortunately, we are replacing an older toilet that is shorter than most modern models. The bathroom is on the narrow side to begin with and we will be losing 1 - 2" when we replace the original el cheapo bathtub (still can't go wider than 31" though). The Duravit Happy D might be a good option, however - thank you. We wouldn't gain any space with that, but at least it is no larger than the old toilet - nice styling too :) The price isn't overly horrendous either.

You are probably right about parts for the Hastings, :D It has taken us six months, seriously, to finally get the correct sinks - sent to wrong place; one cracked in transit; sent two RH sinks; replaced with another RH sink etc. However, we both loved the size, simplicity of the design, and the counter space. Yes, they were more than we originally planned on spending, but still way cheaper than the quotes we were given for enlarging the space.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
akrogirl said:
Thanks again, everyone :) This site is great for real life input!

Mike - that Kohler is gorgeous, but just a little too long. Unfortunately, we are replacing an older toilet that is shorter than most modern models. The bathroom is on the narrow side to begin with and we will be losing 1 - 2" when we replace the original el cheapo bathtub (still can't go wider than 31" though). The Duravit Happy D might be a good option, however - thank you. We wouldn't gain any space with that, but at least it is no larger than the old toilet - nice styling too :) The price isn't overly horrendous either.

You are probably right about parts for the Hastings, :D It has taken us six months, seriously, to finally get the correct sinks - sent to wrong place; one cracked in transit; sent two RH sinks; replaced with another RH sink etc. However, we both loved the size, simplicity of the design, and the counter space. Yes, they were more than we originally planned on spending, but still way cheaper than the quotes we were given for enlarging the space.

Heh. Great minds think alike. The "Happy D" imnsho is the nicest moderately priced bathroom suite available on the market today.
Duravit is plenty sneaky making you think that sink is a big ole smile....huh? :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks