flange extender??

Users who are viewing this thread

zee

Reaction score
Hello All. I did a search and did not seem to find an answer to this one, although there was a previous post on this subject, but I did not see any replies?

I recently tiled the bathroom. The subfloor was built up by 1/2 ply then tiles on top of that. I wanted to put in a new flange to sit on top of the finished tiles, but access from below would have involved opening the cieling. At any rate, I there is about a 1" inch difference between the top of the existing ABS flange and the finished floor.

I bought a flange extender (a circular plastic pvc ring with a small gasket glued to it designed to go on top of the existing flange 1/2 and 1/4 inch rings). I was going to post a pic, but you probably know what I am talking about.

As mentioned in the previous post that I was looking at, the gasket is kind of small and I was wondering if I should add some silicone to it before adding to the existing flange?

your help is greatly appreciated!

zee

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks