Anybody know this toilet? - Kohler UPC T82 K4512

Users who are viewing this thread

Olduvai

Reaction score
I moved into a new place a few months ago and I've been having constant problems with the toilet clogging up. My landlady thinks it's a problem with the sewer line, but I think it's just a really lame toilet that doesn't have a powerful flush.

I'd like to find out if other people have had problems with the same toilet, but I don't know the model name. All I have is this information that's printed on the inside of the tank:

Kohler Co. UPC T82
K4512 1.6 GPF
20451 KB3

The flushing mechanism inside the tank says "Fluidmaster."

Does anyone have an opinion about this toilet, or an idea of where I could find a review or a rating?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

It could be either. I have a customer with 4 Kohler toilets, (I don't know if they are the same model or age of yours), and 3 work perfectly and the fourth is continually plugging up. Hers has a triangular "port" inside it that catches paper creating a logjam effect.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Replace

My area gets poor performance from the Wellworth's and I don't install them. The design just doesn't seem to be good enough. I replace a couple a year and I hear of people taking them back to the Box Stores. For some reason the box stores seem to have more problems with their toilets of the same brand. I don't know how you can get the landlady to replace it because people don't understand that all toilets don't flush.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
That model is renowned for its poor flush. Call Kohler and complain. If you are lucky they may offer a credit...but most wholesalers are reticent to deal with the credit. IF you are forced to use a Kohler credit, Kohler's Wellworth lite 'comfort height' models do flush well. In fact one member of my family could clog either of our Toto Drakes but has never clogged our Kohler Wellworth Comfort Height toilet...too bad her feet don't hardly touch the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks