PDA

View Full Version : Quietest toilet available

Benny
06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I am looking for recommendations for a really, really quiet toilet. I have the Toto Drake and have been happy with it's performance, however, I would not consider it quiet. I am replacing a powder room toilet, and due to the noise concern, I am not using the Drake. Other suggestion to alleviate noise are welcome (ie use a larger water line and valve?)

Thanks,
Benny

dc_homeplumber
06-07-2006, 04:41 AM
For a "standard" two-piece, I don't think you'll find many quieter than the Drake.

The one-piece models tend to be somewhat more quiet, depending on brand and design.

The Kohler Power-Lite models and the Toto Neorest are the absolute quietest (in my opinion) but they cost a fortune!

Terry
06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I kind of like something like the Toto Ultmate for that.

It's hard to find a really quiet toilet now, unlike the "old" 9.5 gallon flush of some of the old Kohler one-piece toilets.

When you move only 1.6 gallons, it has to move a bit faster.

Lakee911
06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
9.5 Gallon days were great! You could flush a full sized watermellon down those things!

If you can not find an appropriate and quiet toilet, maybe you could blow insulation into the walls and change to a solid core door if you don't already have one.

Some people flush the toilet to cover up other noises, so that could be another concern too

Jason

sendec
06-08-2006, 07:32 PM
My uncle's farm had the quietest toilet I ever used, but walking out to it in the winter or when it was raining was a drag.

I think my Drake sounds great. It sounds like....victory. I just wish that the worst sound coming from my bathroom was the toilet flushing.

;)