Strange water pressure problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobski

Reaction score
I've checked prior posts for my problem,. . . nothing.

New house about 6 years old. There is a detached building downstream of the plumbing for domestic service. Problem is in irrigation systems around both the detached building and the main dwelling. There has never been a perceptible pressure problem anywhere since construction. There are three Rainbird valves for the irrigation system around the dwelling and one at the tail end of the system at the outbuilding, the first three valves at the dwelling are at the point of entry of the plumbing, the supply to the outbuilding passing completely through the dwelling to the outbuilding where the other Rainbird valve exists. Never has there been any flow or pressure problems to any point in the system.

Over this past winter the irrigation systems were turned off at their controllers, not at their ball valves. The systems were functioning properly at the time. Upon turning them all on this spring there was a noticeable drop in flow to ALL the irrigation systems, no problems in the buildings. The irrigation district supplying the water has checked the pressure at the hose bibs at both buildings near the irrigation valves and it was 60 psi at both, which they said was adequate. Nevertheless the flow continues to drop to the point that 4 gph emitters only wet a spot about a foot wide over two hours and low pressure sprinklers that covered a 2' circle in prior years now put out no spray and have only a slight drip. There have been no changes or additions to the systems. I've disassembled the valves which have no filters, and found nothing to restrict the flow. All the systems through these valves are behaving the same yet there is no loss of flow or pressure at other points in the house or hose bibs nearby. Any ideas?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks