Recommend a sub-$100 1/2 HP garbage disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
Hi! I just thought I'd get people's opinions on a below-$100 in-sink-erator. I am having my countertops redone and I thought about replacing the sink and garbase disposal as well. I have the sink all picked out. I just need some recommendation on the insinkerator. I saw a Badger 5 from HD for $70 with a 2 year in home warranty. Is this any good? What would you recommend? TIA!

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
Thanks! I saw some brand like Kitchen Aid, Whirpool and GE. Dunno if with regards to disposals there's like the top brand that contractors/plumbers prefer to use.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
they are ok--but look at Sears...

just for fun......many brands outthere are ISE, just packaged
differently

they are basically made by the same place...

I recently got one that was 3/4 horse power
SS blades ect and had a 5 year warranty on it

on sale at Sears for $99.00..its made by ISE.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Badger 5 Plus at 5/8 HP is still under $100 and is a nice upgrade from the Badger 5. One more year on the warranty as well

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
hj said:
The badger V is used in about 90% of houses, but I would not sell it to you for anywhere near $60.00.

What do you mean hj? I am closely considering the Badger 5 (or V). Are you saying the value is much greater than $60 considering its performance? I saw one at home depot for $69.98. I currently have a 1/3 HP unit in there. Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
disposer

I am saying the the Badger V is the most popular disposer, but that a plumber could not sell you one for $60.00 given his cost for the unit, (and I personally would never buy one from HD anyway). But, if he did he could not give any kind of guarantee because he would have made no profit on the sale, and might have lost money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks