Water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

JP Plante

Reaction score
Why is my water pressure good some times and other times barely trickling? I have owned this house this 1988 and never replaced anything on the water system. I have a drilled well with a submersible pump. The bladder tank is the original etc.
I can be taking a shower with not so good pressure, then all of a sudden the pressure picks up and the lather flies. What is the possible cause and the fix. Please someone help before my wife starts to take showers at the neighbor's house!

jpp :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Turn off the pump. Open a faucet until the water stops. Take a tire pressure gauge and check the pressure in the bladder tank. If you get water out, replace the tank. If you don't, try pumping the tank up so the pressure is 1-2# less than the turn-on pressure of the pump. Close the faucet, turn on the pump, and see what happens.

If you want, before you do that. Watch the pressure gauge while someone else turns on the water. If when they turn the faucet off, the pressure immediately spikes and the pump turns off, that is a symptom of no storage in the tank (no stored water under pressure being pushed on by the bladder which is compressed by the pump putting water into the tank).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks