Bathroom Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

candi839

Reaction score
I have bathtub drain that is really running slow. Bought an auger, and all it's pulling up is dirt/mud (and a little hair). I have no basement (slab construction). Would it appear that a drain pipe has collapsed?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
No I don't think your pipe has collapsed. I think you only got to the trap and not through it.

Keep practicing till you get the hang of it.

Maybe your snake is of poor quality.

A snake should go through a trap.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Through the Overflow

To snake a tub drain you must remove the cap of the overflow and go in through the overflow.

candi839

Reaction score
The auger is 15' long. Got in probably a good 7' and than all I've been getting is dirt. Probably done it about 30 times, and everytime I bring it back up, the clean out plug is full of dirt.

Along the way it snags once, about 5' in, a few good turns and it gets through. Than it gets to the dirt.

It still drains, but very slowly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There come a point where even the most committed DIYer needs to call the pros. I think you may be at that point.

candi839

Reaction score
Yes, I think I will call in a plumber.

I was trying to save some money, but I think it will be well spent.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If it is truely dirt/mud your pipe has failed and you do have a problem. Call a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks