Help with Moen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

larryed

Reaction score
I have a Moen single lever kitchen faucet. My wife was complaining that in moving the spout between the two kitchen tubs there is a "drag" like something needs a bit of lubricant. No problem I say and proceeded to turn the water off, remove the handle and I used some lithium grease to make it easier to move the spout.
The problem came when I tried to put it all back together. It won't! Now I'm the chump. I went to Moen.com to get a schematic to see how it goes back together and they apparently are down. Any suggestions on getting a schematic? Thank you in advance.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Moen's telephone customer support is excellent, and open on Saturday: 800-289-6636.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You don't use lithium grease you need plumbers grease. Remove and clean off the lithium, get new O rings and use plumbers grease, replace the cartridge also and you will be the hero.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

There is no reason the spout should not slide back on, unless it has a spray diverter around the body and it is stuck to the faucet, and your spout will not go back over it. If so, remove the diverter.

larryed

Reaction score
Cass said:
You don't use lithium grease you need plumbers grease. Remove and clean off the lithium, get new O rings and use plumbers grease, replace the cartridge also and you will be the hero.

Ok, I'll do that.
I took Mikey's advice and got through to Moen and they walked me through it. Turns out there are 3 parts that "stick" together and they must be put on individually in order for the whole thing to come together properly. Also, they are sending me new "o" rings free gratis because I used Lithium. Thanks for all the help guys! I'm out of the doghouse! :p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks